Are you a passionate and engaging leader?
Do you thrive in collaborative environments?
Does the idea of celebrating tradition and fostering Jewish identity at a boys’ camp speak to your soul?
Camp Airy is seeking a new Assistant Director; an individual with expertise in camping who can answer a resounding “yes” to all of these questions; an individual who strives to positively impact the experience of campers, staff, alumni and families. The Assistant Director reports to the Director and supports all aspects of camp including, but not limited to: recruitment, retention, budgets, schedules, program, food service, hiring, supervision, trips, transportation, operations, facility, communications, risk management and security. The annual calendar includes living at camp in Thurmont, MD June – August and working out of the office in Baltimore, MD September – May. In addition, some of the fall and winter are spent on recruitment trips.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Minimum You’ll Do:
- Camper recruitment and retention
- Staff recruitment
- Communication with prospective and current families
- Creating and maintaining relationships with Jewish community organizations, schools and synagogues
- Programming of summer and off-season events
- Training, supervision, management and evaluation of summer staff
- Participation in management of summer facility, operations and logistics
- Act as a liaison for international staff that work at Camp Airy
- Participation in the Camps Airy and Louise accreditation process
- Coordination with Camp Louise in joint activities, both in summer and year-round
What You’re Awesome At:
- Work Ethic
- Public speaking
- Relationship building
- Organization and logistics
- Passion for Jewish Camping
- Desire to have input into the future vision of Camp Airy
The Assistant Director frequently travels during the year as a representative of Airy & Louise. Also, the Assistant Director will be part of the year-round senior leadership team, and will report directly to the Director of Camp Airy.
DESIRED START DATE:
What You’ll Get:
Camps Airy & Louise strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a great work/life balance. We offer competitive pay, medical, disability and 403b. On top of all that, you’ll be surrounded by awesome people who care deeply about what they do.
How You Should Apply:
If you want to be considered for this position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Assistant Director – Camp Airy” in the subject line. No phone calls please.