- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (1 1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Add brown sugar and eggs to melted butter, mixing to combine.
- Add vanilla and all dry ingredients
- Pour batter into a greased 9×9 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until middle is set but soft.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
Adapted from 101 Gourmet Cookies for Everyone