Black Bottom Cupcake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly butter muffin tins and set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with the chocolate batter. Top each one with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.