Camp Louise is located in Cascade, MD within the Catoctin Mountains of Western Maryland. Each camper is housed in a bunk containing an average of 10-14 campers. Two or more college-aged counselors live in each bunk with the campers. Each bunk contains beds, bunk beds, closets, clothes dressers, and a bathroom, with private toilet and shower facilities.
Over a sprawling 400 acres, Camp Louise's modern facilities include:
- Arts & Crafts complex, including separate studios for pottery, copper enameling, and glass fusion
- Digital video production studio
- Air Conditioned Dining hall capable of seating over 600 people
- Outdoor adventure center, featuring our high ropes and initiatives course, 500' zipline, and 27' climbing wall
- Multiple athletic fields, including two with lighting for evening programming
- Multiple dance and drama workshop rooms, including a dance studio with special flooring and mirrored walls
- Multiple music studios for classes and personal instruction
- Outdoor amphitheater with seating for over 600, fully outfitted with lighting and sound capabilities
- Radio station
- Traditional 35mm photography lab
- Two swimming pools, including a shallow water pool and an Olympic-sized deep water pool, that combined totals over 400,000 gallons of water. The pool also includes our three 30' water slides.
Camp Louise has full-time security staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff is given bar-coded identification cards to properly identify themselves when going in and out of camp. Each visitor entering Camp Louise must be pre-registered with the Camp office.
Camp Louise has multiple physicians and registered nurses on staff at all time to fulfill medical needs for our campers and staff. This includes dispensing of medication. The Camp Louise Health Center has modern, air conditioned private rooms for those campers who may become ill while at camp.