History

Camp Airy was founded in 1924 by Baltimore philanthropists Aaron and Lillie Straus, two years after its sister camp, Camp Louise. Originally created as a fresh-air retreat for young Jewish immigrants from Baltimore, Camp Airy has grown from 11 campers on 16 acres in 1924 to over 800 boys each summer on over 450 acres of land in the beautiful Catoctin Mountains.

While the numbers have grown, the values upon which Aaron and Lillie Straus founded their camps remain the same. Dedicated to providing a wholesome atmosphere in which young men and women can thrive and grow, Camps Airy and Louise continue to provide wonderful summer experiences for children under the auspices of The Camp Airy and Camp Louise Foundation.


Request a Video of our Camps
$1,000 Tuition Incentive for Full Sessions

Follow Us!